The Barnabas Partnership – 2009 – present
- Innovative coaching and consulting that provides services to congregations for their future.
Greenpond Baptist Church, Chatham, Virginia – June 2019 to present
- Preach, perform pastoral duties and lead church in preparations for new pastor.
State Line Baptist Church, Danville, Virginia – January 2018-May 2019
- Preached, performed pastoral duties and led church in preparations for new pastor.
Keystone Baptist Church, Lynchburg, Virginia – Summer 2016
- Preached and gave pastoral care between intentional interim pastor and new pastor.
First Baptist Church, Mebane, North Carolina – 2002 – 2009
Associate Pastor / Minister of Education
Responsible in coordinating the education ministry of a growing small town/bedroom community church that averaged 250 people in Sunday morning Bible study. Annual church budget over $750,000.
- Reorganized education space for maximum use of facilities due to increased attendance and demand. Instrumental in raising over $75,000 to help improve the facilities in the first two years.
- Developed an ongoing support and training system for Sunday School leaders.
- Developed a beneficial outreach tool for church guests using Sunday School classes as a tool.
- Led the church office staff to update computer software to better enhance church educational and other related ministries.
- Led in reformatting the functions and goals of the church committees/teams to better communicate and accomplish the various ministries of the church family.
- Supervised weekday childcare director and maintenance staff.
First Baptist Church, High Point, North Carolina – 1998 – 2002
Minister of Adult and Childhood Education
Responsible for coordinating both the educational needs of adult and children in a downtown church with an average of 275-300 people in Sunday morning Bible study and a total church budget over $750,000. This ministry position also had a high priority in mission outreach to its community.
- Opened doors of better communication in educational matters with the church’s Vietnamese mission. Coordinated an innovative summer Bible study for over 100 Vietnamese children at their 2001 National Vietnamese Baptist Fellowship held at the church.
- Supervised three summer children’s interns with great results in children’s programs.
- Introduced a successful format of adult discipleship on Sunday morning.
- Developed an effective in-house benevolent network with other downtown churches and social agencies for inner-city needs within the community.
First Baptist Church, Shelby, North Carolina – 1993 – 1998
Minister of Education
Responsible for coordinating the education ministry of a small town church that averaged 600-650 people in Sunday morning Bible study with a total church budget (including weekday program) over $1,000,000.
- Reactivated the Education Committee to address future needs in church education.
- Mentored college and divinity school students going into ministry.
- Developed communication avenues and support networks to church’s deaf ministry.
- Began cost cutting measures as well as upgrades to office computer system and software.
Central Baptist Church, Lawrenceville, Georgia – 1987 – 1993
Minister of Education/Youth 1987-1990
Minister of Education 1990-1993
Norwich Street Baptist Church, Brunswick, Georgia – 1986 – 1997
Minister of Youth / Education
Other Past and Present Activities and Honors
Campbell University, Board of Ministers
Church of the Community (Hispanic mission), Burlington, NC, Leadership Council Chair
North Carolina Cooperative Baptist Fellowship, Leadership Development Council Chair
Christian Educators of North Carolina, President-Elect, President, Past President
North Carolina Convention Specialist, Adult Regional/State Sunday School Conference Leader
Baptist General Association of Virginia, Missions Council
Baptist General Association of Virginia, Sunday School Consultant